Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Messy Success

I stopped by the library today to pick up my copy of : Baked, New Frontiers in Baking.
I have been wanting to sneak a peek at this book for a long time. It is written by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito who own Baked bakery in New York. Their brownie recipe made Oprah's list so they must be amazing. I have many recipes to write down and try. Today I decided to make the Sweet and Salty Cake. I have been way into the whole sweet and salty combination lately so I thought this sounded fab!
It is a basic chocolate cake that is layered with salted caramel and whipped caramel ganache frosting. Pretty delish! This cake was a lot of work for me. I am usually a cookie baking kind of girl and cakes have always been my nemesis but I am determined to get better! I followed the recipe and came out with a great cake in spite of a few small disasters!
The recipe is copyrighted so you will have to go out and get the book yourself :)
It will be well worth it!

No comments: