Friday, January 1, 2010

Cocoa and a New Year!


Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix!

Makes about 20 servings

3 cups nonfat dry milk

2 cups confectioners' sugar

1 1/2 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients together and store in a mason jar or other container. Mix 1/3 cup mix with 1 cup warm milk and top with mini marshmallows for instant bliss!

Today has been a wonderful start to the new year! We had some friends over for brunch. We had quiche, muffins, fresh fruit with dip, orange juice, and some blondies for dessert! (I have always thought of myself as a brownie girl, but these blondies were awesome!)
We watched the Rose Parade and I did a little California deamin'.
After brunch and the parade it was time to warm up and I made some fab. hot cocoa (see above :)
We had a quiet afternoon and we are planning on putting the kids to bed early and having a movie night to ourselves.!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I was in Target today and heard a little voice that I knew I recognized. I located you guys as you were headed for the front of the store and I was at the back looking at 75% off stuff. I knew that was little Max that I heard. Happy New Year.