Wednesday, October 17, 2012

That Time of Year


I was at Target this morning. I was there to look for fall decorations. I ended up with 2 fall scented candles, and a few other non-fall related items. I tried.
On the way to the checkout line I glanced at the magazines. I rarely buy magazines from the racks at the store. I subscribe to Self and read it on my elliptical. I treat myself if we are planning a road trip or a plane flight, but for the most part I don't buy magazines. Today was different, because the November/Thanksgiving issues were out. I LOVE Thanksgiving. I love planning and prepping for Thanksgiving. That being said, I bought the newest Food Network Magazine. I came home and started getting very excited about what I can make this year. I have a few recipes that I make every year, like THIS German Chocolate Pecan Pie that I have been making since Max was born, but I do love trying new things each year!
This year we are hosting Ty's older brother and his family as well as my parents and brothers. I am really looking forward to it.

I know we still need to get through Halloween, but if I wait that long Thanksgiving comes too quickly and then Christmas comes and goes and I don't know what happened, so Happy Early Thanksgiving Season!

No comments: