Monday, May 17, 2010

A little love story

I met Ty when I was 19.
We were taking the same Anatomy course at UVSC.
We studied together and ate lunch together. We quickly became good friends. We would shop for clothes together and he would tell me which jeans made me look best, and I would tell him which shirt he should wear to his mission reunion. We saw movies together. Sometimes he would pay and sometimes I would. My roommates were always suspicious of our relationship, but I always assured them that we were just friends. We were just friends, until I fell helplessly in love with him. I remember the day I realized I had feelings for Ty. I realized that I trusted him. When I got home that night my roommates asked about Ty and I told them that I thought I was in love with him. The next few months were torture as we continued to be "just friends". I stopped dating. My social life was a disaster. I only spent time with Ty. He was my best friend and I was so afraid of losing him.
I finally got up the nerve to tell Ty how I felt.
I think everything worked out okay :)
I am still helplessly in love with him, and he is still my very best friend.

4 comments:

6L's said...

so sweet. :)

The Chef said...

You left out the part where he chose a burrito first before reaffirming his feelings for you.

Jessica Newman said...

how awesome I love stories like this! I'm so glad you fell in love with Ty I love having you as a sister in law you are so wonderful!

Traylor Family said...

So cute. I personally love this story, because it was much the same for Jeremy and I. The first time I told him how I felt, he blew me off. A few days later I told him again. About two months later we were married :)

Yay for girls putting their heart on their sleeve!