Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hot Chocolate Hero

I dropped Max off at school this morning and decided to stop by Starbucks on the way home for some hot chocolate. I was still feeling a little tense from yesterday's stress and I knew I could use a treat. I got in line behind an EMT. He looked about my age. We talked a little bit. He tried to make Zackary smile. He told me that he would love to get married and have a family but that he hadn't met the right girl (how is that even possible. I know so many wonderful single girls!) Anyway...He was just a super nice guy. He ordered his drink and then paid for mine. I tried to refuse, but I am not that hard to win over. It was the nicest gesture. I told him that he had totally made my day and he said that he was glad he could do it. It was a wonderful reminder that good people are everywhere in this world and that we are all children of God. We all need to look out for one another.

No comments: