Monday, September 6, 2010

Gone Country!

We spent our Labor Day morning out in the Tennessee "boondocks".
Our friends Rob and Lisa were going shooting and invited us to tag along. Blake and Chantelle came too. This same little group got together last year on Labor Day to go shooting. We have made some fun traditions here in Nashville.
Rob's uncle owns some land out in the country. That is where we were headed. The weather was beautiful. It has been all weekend!
Ty checked out the lay of the land.
The kids and I set up a blanket in the shade. I sprayed everyone down with insect repellent to try and keep the chiggers away!
Everyone had earplugs, because guns make a lot of loud noise :)
The kids drank juice and we all ate cookies.
The men set up the "shooting station". It looked so professional this year.
The little people were very curious. We had them watch from a safe distance, but it was still loud!
Cute little sideline watchers.
My incredibly sexy husband showed no mercy to the clay pigeons. Rob, who Lisa thinks is very sexy, manned the pigeon thrower (I know that is not the technical term, but you get the idea!)
I really did not plan on my five year old joining in on the fun, but it was bound to happen sooner or later.
This is just the beginning of what I am sure will become a lifelong love. I am glad he had fun and avoided shooting his eye out.
Even I took a shot at a clay pigeon. I blew it away. I am just that
amazing!
On the way home we picked up a deep dish Jet's Pizza! Seriously the best pizza ever! We ate it and watched "The Great Food Truck Race". My kind of show! This afternoon I am baking the Pioneer Womans' chocolate sheet cake for our FHE treat tonight! It's been an awesome weekend!

No comments: