Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Today.....

Zackary woke up this morning struggling to breathe. The humidifier had been on him all night so I was surprised. It was worse than I have ever heard him or any of my kids. I was scared. I quickly got everyone into the car and we drove down the road to Urgent Care. Almost as soon as we arrived we were hurried into the back. The doctors and nurses told me that Zack would need to be taken to the nearest hospital and that an ambulance was on it's way. I was shocked and totally unprepared! I called my parents and quickly explained that they needed to come pick up Max and Mia so that I could go with Zac. This was my very first time in an ambulance and I would rather not repeat the experience! At the hospital they were able to stabilize Zac pretty quickly. They did some tests and took some x-rays and determined that he had some pneumonia. Ty was able to leave work and join us at the hospital. Zac was able to come home with antibiotics and steroids. I am glad that he will be getting better soon. We picked up Max and Mia from my parents house. They enjoyed a day full of fun and had no idea of the crisis that was going on without them! I am thankful for my family and all of the help we received today. I am so glad that we are all home safe now. I know we have been blessed. I am looking forward to a not so exciting rest of the week!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Poor little guy! I am glad he was able to come home. So scary.

Robert and Lisa said...

Holy moly! I'm glad everything turned out alright. What a scary experience.

6L's said...

SO scary!! glad he is alright and hope you both can breathe a little easier! hugs!

Jessica Newman said...

oh how frightening! Pneumonia is so scary! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I hope he's doing ok let us know if there's anything we could do! We'll definitely pray for that cute boy of yours!

Traylor Family said...

Yikes! Lucas has had pneumonia three times now. Last year he was finally diagnosed with asthma and I think the combo of meds he takes now on a daily basis must be helping because this past Christmas was our first without serious illness. Although I will say I'm grateful he's never had to be transported via ambulance! Glad he's feeling better!