Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Little Update

The other day at the library bookstore I found a bunch of cook's illustrated magazines for .25 cents a piece! I have been reading and learning and tonight I did a little cooking. I made fried chicken and it was so fabulous. Funny that I would live in the south for almost 3 years and just now learn how to make really good fried chicken! So fried chicken for dinner and chocolate cupcakes for dessert! It's a good thing I joined the gym out here.
Ty went to his first staff meeting this morning. I think he was really glad to get back into the workplace and feel professional again.
The owners of the house we made an offer on came back with a counter. We countered right back. I think we can both get what we want! When the deal is finalized I will post pictures and details.
Max starts school on Monday. Here in California the kids get 3 weeks of Christmas break! It feels like Max has been off forever. I know he is looking forward to getting back to school. I am excited for the time I will be able to spend with Mia. With all of the transition I haven't had much of a chance to work with her. My goal for 2011 is to help her to learn all of her letters. She is very headstrong and does not really enjoy learning right now so it is a challenge, but I know we can do it :)
Zac is loving the southern California winter weather. It has been so wonderful to get outside so much. He loves taking walks and hiding in the orchard in my parent's backyard.
Everyone is doing well and we have been very blessed. We are just working on moving forward with our plans and we are trying to live as normally as possible while we are still in transit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a couple of those! The one I love most has the original Parker House Roll recipe.

I'm glad that things are moving along for you all.

You should check out the Thomas Keller chicken. It look so yummy. I'm hoping to get back to cooking more fresh food this year. We did so good at the beginning and then fell off track a bit.

L.

Annie and Family said...

Sounds like you are doing well!