Monday, July 4, 2011

Celebrating the Fourth

 The kids helped me make cinnamon rolls for the event. I used the cinnabon clone recipe I found online and it was pretty awesome.
 The playground at the park had a merry go round. I haven't seen one of these in years. I thought they had all been outlawed.
 It started out with just Max and Mia but before long the merry go round was covered with little people. It made me sick to my stomach just watching them, but they seemed to love it!
 Mia did a few tricks for me.
 We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was breezy and cool. Perfect park weather.
I think we have decided that we really like morning activities and get togethers. It was so easy to get everyone up and ready and then out the door. We stayed a lot longer than we usually stay at evening parties and came home for naps when everyone was worn out.
We are really enjoying meeting and making new friends in our ward and neighborhood. I didn't know if I would be up for starting over again, but everyone has been so good to us. We had a wonderful morning together and we are looking forward to the rest of our day!
Enjoy the Holiday!

No comments: