Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rich?

I finally made "millionaire" shortbread.
It is a bar cookie with a shortbread base. The shortbread is topped with chewy caramel and the caramel is topped with chocolate ganache. I used the Barefoot Contessa's recipe for the shortbread, Grandma Newman's recipe for the caramel, and my own design for the chocolate ganache. The combination made me feel very rich :)
I love to pretend we are really very wealthy!
Yes, that is Zackary in the background. He is holding a jar of nutella. He is kind of a chunk. I love him. He makes me feel rich too!

2 comments:

Traylor Family said...

I think my favorite part is that Zac is holding nutella. Starting them out young... love it!

...that's mine and Lucas' "special" treat. Sometimes if he wakes up in the middle of the night, we snuggle on the couch with a jar and two spoons. And I wonder why I can't lose this baby weight ;)

6L's said...

oh my goodness, you are killing me with these yummy pictures lately! good thing i am much too lazy to actually make them (i have lots of baby weight to lose too), lol! this looks like many pieces of HEAVEN! i LOVE shortbread and you just kicked it up 2 notches...evil girl, lol! :)