Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Not Fun Place to Be

I just got back from Mia's 18 month appointment. I am pretty sure that the doctor's office is my very least favorite place to be. You sit in a little room for about an hour and then someone comes in and does nothing. After a little more than another hour the doctor comes in and does nothing. Not a full hour later someone comes in and gives your child a shot. You get to leave with them tired, hungry, and very sad. I am thrilled that we live in such a time full of medical miracles and wonderful vaccines and medications. I just wish some of those miracles involved less time in a tiny room at the doctor's office.

5 comments:

The Karrens said...

I agree!

Braden Bell said...

Yeah not fun at all.

Annie and Family said...

Holy Cow... I am so on your side!!!! And even when you are late to the appointment, it turns out to be... "hurry up and wait" NO FUN AT ALL

Jessica said...

Oh man I hear ya!! And don't forget you have to pay on the way out with the sad just poked child screaming.
Does not make for a fun rest of the day either. Your off the hook for another 6 months though!

Trisha said...

You know isn't that the truth. Our last doctor in Utah was so quick. We would be in and out in less then 30 minutes. Here it takes 30 minutes just for them to weigh your child. It's so ANNOYING!