Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fun in the ER


Over the past few months Mia has had a group of blood vessels growing on the outside of her cheek. The doctors call it an angioma. We were told that it would go away on its own and not to worry about it unless it bothered Mia. A few days ago it started to bother her. If she would scratch at it or pick it it would bleed like crazy, all over her face, clothes, and hands. It took a long time to stop the bleeding each time. Finally today after the house was so covered in bloody rags that it looked like a crime scene, we took Mia to the emergency room. The doctors were really great and gave her medications to stop the bleeding and to help keep everything under control. They referred us to a plastic surgeon that will be able to remove the angioma (all medical people forgive my ignorance with the spelling of the word!) I never would have thought that baby Mia would be getting plastic surgery before me! It was a crazy day but Mia ended up with a cute teddy bear and we were glad to have had some help!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, that is crazy! Poor little thing. I hope all goes well and heals just great.

The Karrens said...

She was so cute when I came by, even though she is injured. I am glad that she wanted to come to me. Let me know what I can do to help.

Traylor Family said...

I thought that it was a freckle. One of the twins I used to watch had one on his head, but it was huge.

Jessica Newman said...

Oh how sad, poor girl! You are such a good and brave mom anytime Law bleeds even a little I freak out! So way-to-go super Mommy!

Braden Bell said...

I never even noticed the spot! I'm glad she's going to get it taken care of b/c blood everywhere is no fun and scary, I bet! (From Meredith!)