Thursday, February 5, 2009

Getting Out!

We have been inside for days! We have made cupcakes, painted egg cartons, raced cars across the kitchen floor, folded piles of laundry, and watched plenty of Disney movies. It is supposed to warm up to about 60 degrees this weekend. I am planning a trip to the park for the kids. Today was still too cold to play outside so I took the kids to Opry Mills. I let them each pick out a treat at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. They both picked out dipped pretzel sticks, they love those! I got myself some of those dark chocolate covered almonds, which turned out to be dark chocolate covered espresso beans. It took me a few before I figured out what they were. I have felt so lively all day :) j/k. We watched the big catfish swim through the tank at the Bass Pro Shop. We visited the fountain, played at the train table in Barnes and Noble, and almost bought lots of fun things. Being on a budget is hard, but I am always so pleased with myself when I leave a mall or store with nothing. Way to go me! The whole morning was way fun. It was great to get out for a few hours.

1 comment:

Sheffer Family said...

What a fun day. We wish we could have joined you. Love Mom and Dad