Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Girl's Night / Scentsy Party!

I am hosting a scentsy party tomorrow (Thurs. 22nd) at 6:30 pm. Everyone is welcome. It should be lots of fun! If you need to be bribed I just finished making delicious cherry crunch bars for all of my guests to enjoy.

Cherry Crunch Bars

YOU WILL NEED:
*
1 Stick Butter
1 pkg. white or yellow cake mix (dry)
2 cans cherry or blueberry pie filling.
*you can use just one can if you would like these more like bars
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans or almonds
*
DIRECTIONS:
*
Cut 1/2 cup butter (room temperature) into 1 pkg. dry cake mix. Reserve 1/2 of this mixture. *I like to mix the chopped nuts into this mix, so that there is nuts on the top and the bottom crust. Pat the remaining mixture lightly into oblong 13x9 greased glass baking pan. Spread 1 or 2 cans of pie filling over the crumbs mixture. Squeeze remaining crumb mixture firmly in palm of hand, to form pea sized chunks, & Sprinkle over the top of the pie filling. Bake 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees, or until golden brown on the top & the bottom. (I added chocolate chips to mine, because cherries and chocolate should always go together.

2 comments:

Safe Candles by Scentsy said...

Hope you had a great party!...Thanks for the recipe!

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

Sorry I didn't make it to your party, sadly I signed up for the missionaries on the same night and didn't think too much about it until Rob's like ya it's the 22nd! I hope it went well I would have loved to be there, I'll let you know when I have mine !