Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Butter Chickpea Curry


I made this dish for lunch today. It was really easy. I had all of the ingredients on hand in my pantry, and it was delicious. Max and Mia loved it. I love making meals that expose them to different flavors. I served the curry over brown rice.
Ingredients:
  • 4 medium potatoes, cubed (I used a mixture of regular Idaho potatoes and sweet potatoes)
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
  • 1/2 cup cream or milk (I used plain yogurt)
  • 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  1. Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat; simmer until the potatoes are tender. Drain, and set aside.
  2. Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir in curry powder, ginger, cumin, and salt. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring. Pour in soup, cream, and chickpeas. Stir in potatoes. Simmer 5 minutes.

No comments: