Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Time and Lifelong Learning

I was reading the August visiting teaching message in the Ensign, and I was really impressed by this quote;

"We cannot waste time entertaining ourselves when we have the chance to read or to listen to whatever will help us learn what is true and useful."
-Pres. Henry B. Eyring

Life can be a balancing act and those free moments that come along can be quite the temptation. This morning I decided to use my time before the kids got up to do some serious Book of Mormon study. I was able to read 5 chapters, which for me is Huge! I read out of Alma the story of Amalickiah conspiring to be king and Captain Moroni defending the liberty of the Nephites. I was able to get some great insights and thoughts that had not come to me before.
I am so glad for the opportunity that we have to learn and study truth. I am glad that I can stay at home with my children and continue my own education in so many different ways. I am going to try harder to use my time more wisely and focus on learning more than just entertainment.

No comments: