Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Ty was home for lunch today so I thought we would have our Mexican celebration then. We had refried beans cooked with chipotle chilies, fresh avocados, tomatoes, cheese, and tortillas and chips. Mexican food seems to please everyone and I was happy about the avocados. On a non-fiesta note...I made some really great banana bread and I thought I would post the recipe:

Banana Bread

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup toasted walnuts (I used pecans)
3 bananas
1/4 cup plain yogurt (I used sour cream)
2 eggs
6 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the first 5 ingredients and set aside.
3. Mix together the bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
4. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes.

I hope everyone takes a nice siesta this afternoon!

No comments: