1. I made THESE cookies today. Instead of Hazelnuts I used almonds and made my very own almond butter in my food processor. It was awesome and the cookies are delish.
2. Yesterday Zoey had her 2 month check-up at the doctor. She weighed 11 pounds! That is almost double her birth weight of 6 pounds 3 ounces. She is doing great!
3. We had friends over for pizza and FHE last night. We never really made it to the lesson, but we had a grand time :)
4. Max celebrated the 100th day of school. I asked him what they did in class and he said they ate cinnamon rolls and he shoved the entire thing in his mouth at once. I have no idea what that has to do with 100, but oh well.
5. We are planning a trip up the coast to San Francisco for spring break and I can't wait! So far the fun includes; biking in Santa Barbara, visiting the aquarium in Monterey, and Ghiradelli and Alcatraz in San Fran!
Have you triedTHESE chocolate chip cookies that the New York Times claims to be the BEST??
I put it off for quite a while, because of the ingredient list and chill time that the dough requires. I finally gave in and made a batch. They really are awesome! I would recommend keeping the dough in the fridge and baking up a few cookies anytime you need a fix, or if you are feeling giving, anytime a neighbor or friend needs a few!
(BTW: my little camera is out of batteries until I can make it to the store. Hopefully later today, because we need diapers as well!)
So far today the kids have eaten grilled nutella sandwiches, blueberries, and a couple of brownies. It's not even 9:30. Zackary found a lightbulb and dropped it on the tile. It broke and he cut his foot...again, not even 9:30!
Oh well....moving on :)
While Zoey finishes her morning nap I am going to get some cleaning done and then we are headed to Target!
It is raining and cold so I am thinking an afternoon baking bread sounds perfect!
Ty and I have been married for 8 1/2 years. For most of that time Ty has been a student, and for a lot of that time I was pregnant or nursing, etc. There wasn't a lot of time or money to spend on clothes. This year I decided I needed to really improve and add to my wardrobe. I will be 29 later this year. I have 4 kids now. Ty has a job now. We have money now. All of these things helped me decide that it was time to start dressing a little bit better!
I realized pretty quickly that I really had no idea what I was doing. I didn't know how to shop. I didn't know what to buy. I talked to one of my friends who really knows fashion and always looks good. She agreed to be my personal shopper and last weekend we headed to Cabazon for a flurry of outlet shopping.
A good amount of cash later and I was home with my bags full of clothes and accessories. I kind of felt like I had been on What Not to Wear.
This week, full of my new clothes, has been awesome! I love feeling like I look good. I love having more than one or two options! I also have a new found love for Banana Republic and the Gap.
I think all stages of our lives are important and wonderful, but I think I am really going to enjoy the stage where I get to buy cute clothes.
The recipe claims to be foolproof. I have been having a lot of trouble with my brownies lately so I wanted to give it a try.
It recommended lining your pan with parchment paper. It also suggested that if you are cooking your brownies in a glass pan you need to remove the brownies from the pan 10 minutes after taking them out of the oven to avoid overcooking.
I always cook my brownies in a glass pan and they always seem overcooked! This time I lined my 8x8 inch glass pan with parchment paper. I buttered the paper and poured in the batter. When the brownies had finished cooking I set the timer for an additional 10 minutes and then used the paper to remove the brownies from the pan.
The result...Seriously perfect brownies!
I love it when someone in the know shares their wisdom and the result is better brownies for me.
1. The birthday celebration was great! Ty ended up getting the day off and he got to take a special birthday trip to Home Depot! Dinner was yummy. I really wanted Ty to know what a big deal he is to our family. I hope he knows that we really like him!
2. Today I am staying home with the kids and making chocolate chip cookies. Going places seemed like a lot of work this morning. (We did manage to take Max to school!)
3. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. I HATE going to the dentist. Honestly....I can think of nowhere I would like to be less than the dentists office, but alas, my time has come.
4. Zoey is 7 weeks old now and I think she is the cutest baby ever. I LOVE her. She is far better than the dentist.
5. Mia started working in reading groups this week at school. I love watching my kids grow and learn!
6. Time to start planning for Valentine's Day I guess......
We had a wonderful Sunday! Music time went well, despite my scratchy voice. Zackary is doing great in nursery. Max and Mia love their teachers as well.
In the evening we had dinner at a friend's house and had a blast! The food was delish and the company was even better. Max ended up staying the night. It was his first sleepover and I was a little worried about how things would go. He ended up having a wonderful time. I am glad he has some good friends in our ward.
Today is a holiday. I love a holiday! Ty is working so really it is just a break for me. I have been cleaning and helping the littles with homework, experimenting in the kitchen and planning for Ty's birthday dinner tomorrow night! He is turning 31 and I have some fun things planned. (He is working tomorrow as well! Working on the holiday and on his birthday, poor guy!)
"Parents, remember that now is your opportunity. You may feel yourself harassed as you struggle through the days with children, but you are living the happiest and the most golden years of your life. As you tuck them into their beds at night, please be kind to them. Let them hear a kind voice amid all the angry, vile voices that they will hear throughout life. Let there be an anchor to which these little ones can turn to when all else fails. The Lord help you so to do...."
She is growing so quickly. I am already rotating clothes.
I love Zoey so much! I am so thankful to have her in our home. Max, Mia, and Zackary have been so loving and helpful with her.
Being a mom can be difficult and less than rewarding sometimes but I am so thankful to have the opportunity to raise these 4 children. They are so beautiful. I am amazed by their huge spirits that are housed inside of their tiny bodies. They are precious to me and I recognize how important they are to our Heavenly Father. I am always praying for help and guidance as I work to teach and love these little people. Every day is another opportunity to try my best and love each of them a little more.
It has been just over a month since little Zoey was born. It was a great month and a very busy one. A new month and a new year are here. The kids are back in school and I am glad for the quiet and the normal that are returning. I have had time this morning to think about what I would like to do this year and what I would like to improve on.
I have fallen into the bad habit of skimming through my scriptures. I come to the end of a chapter and have no idea what I just read. This year I want to remember what I read and do some real scripture study.
This year I want to cook a lobster at home for Valentine's Day. I want to plan and take a trip with just Ty and I.
I want to make dentist appointments for everyone in the family with teeth, and then remember to go to them.
I had so much fun singing Christmas carols with my kids over the holidays. This year I want to teach them more music that we can sing together.
I want to stock my freezer with make-ahead meals and do more meal planning.
I want to say " I love you" more and give more hugs and kisses to my family.
We were so happy to have some wonderful family and friends in attendance! Ty's parents, my parents, Catherine and Ryan, Robyn and Bob, Natalie and Ryan and there three kiddos, Jamison, and Romney, and our neighbors!
After the blessing we all came back to our house for some fun. I put together a big spread of food and we all sat and talked while the kids played.
Mia got to play with her cousin Kooper. They are the cutest girls. I wish they could play together more often.